Potatoes, carrots and a bite from the dog that bit ya!
Here’s a helpful hangover guide to prevent you from seeing green after St. Patrick’s Day! Whole 30 private chef, Simon Hall, shows us how to make a healthy Irish Meat Pie … which does a great hangover cure impression.
- 5lb braised chuck roast (salt, pepper, beef stock). Reserve the liquid.
- Par-boil 1lb parsnips and carrots with 1 cup chopped celery and 1 cup chopped onions.
- Sautee all in 1 stick butter with thyme, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add 1/2 cup of flour to the mixture.
- Pour in 1 can of Guiness beer.
- Add the reserved liquid from the chuck roast and pour mixture into a baking pan.
- Bake four medium sweet potatoes whole at 350 for one hour.
- Peel potatoes.
- Whip with 1/2 cup of orange juice, a pinch of nutmeg, salt and white pepper.
- Spread evenly over the beef pie mixture.
- Bake dish at 375 until golden and warm.