Smiths Station is excited to announce that the Jones Store Museum will be opening in the late summer of 2018. City staff and volunteers have worked hard to successfully curate items that tell about their local history.
Several local families and some who have moved away have already donated never- before- seen photographs, documents, and other artifacts.
They plan to inspire and educate current and future generations of visitors. The museum still needs items for temporary or ongoing display and exhibit rotations.
They are currently looking for pre- 1970. Below is a list of items that they are interested in finding.
- Photographs of local individuals, groups, structures, and landmarks
- Photographs of people landmarks
- Farm implements and agricultural items
- General store Mercantile
- Railroad Memorabilia
- Instruments and small equipment (musical, communication, industrial, and manufacturing)
- Manuscripts of local interest
A Deed of Gift will be completed at the time of acquisition and a donation receipt will be provided.